Sims + ArchitectsRequest Info
At Sims Architects, we’re committed to creating positive and enduring change within our communities through social responsibility and civic engagement.
As designers, we take pride in the spaces within which we live, work, and play. We understand that our work affects our communities, and we are committed to supporting the growth and development of our region and its residents. That’s why we’re involved in the following community initiatives:
- Amarillo College Foundation Board
- Don Harrington Discovery Center Board of Directors
- PRO Intern Development Program Mentors for Amarillo ISD
- Boy Scouts of America
- Past Community Service:
- Hope and Healing Place Board of Directors
- Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America and Cub Scouts – Advancement Chair and Troop Committee
- Planning and Zoning Commission – City of Amarillo
- St. Stephen United Methodist Church Trustee Committee
- Snack Pak 4 Kids Bag Packing Volunteers
- Eveline Rivers Christmas Project Volunteers
Our community relationships with programs such as these are important to us, and we strive to amplify our outreach activities. We hope to create new opportunities to foster relationships with like-minded partners and clients as we continue to engage in the community.
In the words of Sir Winston Churchill, “you make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give.” At Sims Architects, this is our ethos, but our commitment to community extends beyond just words. We are dedicated to leading by example, and we encourage and support our staff to use their time, energy, and resources to make a difference as well. Our commitment to giving back is rooted in the belief that our community is our strongest asset — and the reason we exist as a company. It’s also what makes Sims Architects a rewarding place to work and create.
We believe architects have the unique potential to make a difference in our communities by affecting quality of life initiatives through the application of both design and leadership skills. Our guiding vision, therefore, is to encourage participation in community enterprises and to promote interest in creating service initiatives that engage and elevate civic action. To put it simply, we believe taking part in the community is the right thing to do, and we’re committed to applying our creativity and ingenuity to achieve positive public outcomes.